An amazing dish belonging to the era of 20s, American Goulash is a pure American beef dish. This dish is rated as the America’s most favorite dish. It is extremely easy to make this dish at home by following the below mentioned recipe. The greatest benefit of this recipe is that it’s extremely simple-to-follow and very cheap. This recipe is enough for 7 to 10 servings.
- Ground beef-one pound (the beef must be lean)
- Chopped large-sized onion-one
- Green pepper- one (must be large and in chopped form)
- Garlic salt-one tablespoon
- Pepper-one teaspoon
- Tomatoes-28 ounces (must be in diced form)
- Tomato sauce-fifteen ounces
- Cheddar cheese-one cup (in shredded form) or
- Monterey jack cheese-one cup( in shredded form)
- Elbow macaroni- one pounds or
- Medium pasta shell-one pounds
- First of all you have to add the ground beef in a pan and brown it.
- Along with the ground beef, you also need to add pepper and the chopped onions.
- Next you need to sprinkle pepper and the garlic sauce on the beef.
- After adding pepper and garlic sauce, you need to add tomato sauce plus diced tomatoes in the mixture.
- You need to let it cook and simmer for at least ten to fifteen minutes.
- In the meanwhile, you have to boil the macaroni and then drain it when it has boiled. Its also better to rinse the boiled macaroni after you have drained it.
- Now you need to put the macaroni in a pot and then you need to add the mixture of beef that you have made.
- You can also add shredded cheese on the macaroni before serving it.
The leftover Goulash can easily be reheated and served later. You can also add a bit of tomato juice in order to provide it with a fresh look while reheating. This total preparation time for this dish is around 30 to 35 minutes but once it’s prepared, you are going to enjoy every single bite of this mouthwatering Goulash.