Sleeping is one of the very important key to make our body function properly and to stay healthy. Sleeping disorders can make your sleep patterns disturbed. This can make you look unhealthy and tired. You will feel dizzy and slow. Sleeping disorders include the inability to sleep, the waking up in the middle of the night, hard to go back to sleep.
Symptoms of sleep disorders:
Symptoms of sleep disorders in children and adults include feeling sleepy during daytime, difficulties focusing on work, memory problems, emotional outbursts, snoring, insomnia, sleep walking, sleep terrors, unusual sleep behavior, excessive daytime sleepiness, bed-wetting, difficulty remaining asleep. Some other includes the need of caffeinated beverages to get through the day and feeling of having a nap every day.
Causes of sleep disorders:
There are many causes of having sleep disorders. Some of them are as follows:
- Insomnia: it causes difficulty for the person to remain asleep for a very long time. It can last for from a few nights to months to years. It is caused by stress, anxiety, digestive problems or can be caused due to some other diseases.
- Restlessness leg syndrome: it occurs when you move your legs a lot while sleeping. It usually happens because of a tingling sensation in the legs.
- Bed wetting: Bed wetting can also cause sleep disturbances and can make you irritable and uncomfortable.
Some of the other causes include allergies, snoring, frequent urination, nightmares and cold etc.
Effects of sleep disorders:
Sleep disorders can increase the health risks. There will be more chances for you to develop a heart disease, hypertension, mood and memory problems. Sleeping disorders in children usually affect their academic activities. They also lead to behavioral and mood problems. This can make your head heavy the whole day and makes you concentrate less on your work during the day.
How to treat sleep disorders:
Sleeping disorders are to be treated as soon as possible to avoid the health effects on the body. Some of the ways to treat sleep disorders are as follows:
- Taking sleeping pills and melatonin supplements
- Taking allergy and cold medications
- Stay Happy & Make Love with your Partner
- Weight loss
- Decrease in stress and anxiety
- Decrease in the intake of caffeine, tobacco and alcohol
These are some ways to treat sleep disorders. More treatments include taking pain relief medication because the pain is the reason you cannot fall asleep. If you take a warm bath just before sleeping it can also be a great help to you. Stretching your body or practicing yoga is also good methods of helping you sleeping properly. You should not eat food late at night as this will also make you disturbed and you would not be able to sleep.
Sleeping disorders are to be addressed with proper symptoms and causes. You should consult your doctor if you are having a problem sleeping. Sleeping is vital for your body to be healthy and safe which is why it should be ignored.