Have you ever tasted the strawberry shortcakes at the strawberry festival that happens every year in Pennsylvania? Well, most of us haven’t got the chance to go there. In fact most of the people don’t even know about the festival.
So, today you’ll be learning how you can make strawberry shortcakes at home! Isn’t that amazing?
Let’s start with the ingredients;
Cold unsalted butter
One egg yolk
One egg wash with a little bit of water
Little extra sugar for sprinkling on the top
A bowl of cream
So, let’s start making this delicious strawberry shortcake.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Take a sheet with some parchment paper on it.
- Keep in mind that the cream, egg yolk and butter must be incredibly cold, as it will give you a really flaky short cake.
- First take the flour, baking powder and sugar, and mix them until they all are completely mixed up.
- Add butter to your dry mixture and mix it again for 30-45 seconds.
- While mixing add the egg yolk and cream.
- After it is all mixed up, pour it out on a tray.
- With your hands, make it a square of about a half inches thick.
- With a glass, make 4 circles at it. Put them on the baking sheet.
- Take a pastry brush and brush them with the egg wash and sprinkle the top with sugar.
- Put the tray in the pre-heated oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the strawberries into bite size pieces in a bowl.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar and the zest of orange on the strawberries. Also add the orange juice and put them in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Now take the baked short cakes and let them cool. Add the cold strawberry mixtures on the short cakes and top them with cream.
- Put the top on, and add cream on the top with a strawberry,
Your delicious strawberry shortcake is ready to serve and eat.
You can also watch the video tutorial in the link below.