Periods are not an easy duration for any woman. Whenever any woman passes through her menstrual cycle, she experiences a lot of changes. Sometimes these changes are associated with hormonal changes in the body but sometime these changes are associated with the psychological condition of a woman. There are many misconceptions regarding periods so in this article you will find 5 commonly asked questions about periods answered in detail.
Can I make my periods easier and less stressful?
- The menstrual flow of every woman depends on health conditions and her environmental conditions. You must keep in mind that the surrounding environmental conditions have a great impact on the menstrual flow of every woman. If a woman feels stressed then her periods will be more painful and heavy. But if she is feeling relaxed then the chances are that her periods will be less stressful and even the flow will be moderate. You might also have noticed that whenever you are in some sort of serious stress, the date for your periods move a few days back. So if you want to make your periods easy or less stressful then its best to lead a healthy lifestyle and shed all worries from your shoulders.
Is obesity linked to irregular periods?
- Obesity is the root-cause of most of the health issues in women. If you are over-weight and are experiencing the irregularity of periods then it is most likely that this irregularity is caused due to your obesity. Obesity causes some hormonal disturbances in the body due to which your menstrual cycle can get irregular. Most of the women with irregular periods might complain that their periods don’t arrive according to a normal menstrual cycle. When the periods are irregular then sometimes they would arrive early or sometime later than the expected date. Sometime they will not complete their duration and stop early but later on start again with the interval of two or three days.
Sex during periods: Is it safe?
- Having sex during periods is considered a taboo in most of the cultures, religions or societies. But according to the human anatomy, having sex during periods can be quite relaxing for women. Women tend to feel orgasms during periods due to which they tend to experience mood swings, headaches, pelvic pain, or depression. Having sex during periods helps in eliminating all these period-related issues.
What form of menstrual-protection is best for women?
- Some of the women tend to use tampons, some tend to use menstrual cups while majority of the women go for sanitary pads. Tampons, according to the latest research have been considered to be dangerous for women because they can induce a serious sort of vaginal infection in the women due to presence of high amount of bleach in them. On the other hand, sanitary napkins or sanitary pads have been considered to be a reliable and hygienic form of menstrual-protection for women.
Can periods be advanced?
- If due to any reason you want your periods to occur a few days before the expected due date then you can easily advance them at home by following some simple home remedies including turmeric, dry fruits, or some herbal medicines.
If you have any other questions related to periods then you can easily get your answers from your gynecologist or an expert friend.